[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  AR codebase

AR codebase

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by VF   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 15 Jan 2003 01:24 AM (UTC)
Anyone know where I can get the Abandoned Realms Codebase? I have looked for a long time, and the people who have it wont send me a copy. Thanks..email me at aliascodec@aol.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 15 Jan 2003 07:22 PM (UTC)
Given the fact that AR appears to still be a viable mud and seemingly still under development, good luck getting the coide behind it. Most ppl that have done extensive modifications to a known codebase are understandably reluctant to give out their work and risk having it fall into the hands of the mortals playing on their mud. But I can tell you from their website they're running a heavily modified ROM 2.4 codebase. What those modifications are I won't even venture to guess out of respect for the time and effort they have put into developing what seems to be a well designed world.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by PJ   USA  (48 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 16 Jan 2003 05:32 AM (UTC)
Hmm, I'd like it myself, but yes, the stuff they're doing with the fells and experimenting with the treants right now.. I'd say it'll be a while before they'd be willing to share.. And even then they're probably give you something pre-fell like they gave Xane for NR..

Hmm, damn I wish I had it though! I like the OLC system they got with Redit Medit Aedit and all that stuff.. Meh, I guess I can wait.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 16 Jan 2003 05:36 AM (UTC)
So I'll take it you two play AR and Meerclar's one of the smarter people like Bucky or Davy or Abey, maybe Burzuk..?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Thu 16 Jan 2003 06:29 AM (UTC)
Nope, I have no connection at all with anywhere but SB:R. My duties there keep me entirely too busy to even think about playing anywhere else :/ Fast websearch turned up everything I know about AR actually.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 16 Jan 2003 07:01 AM (UTC)
Ahh.. Once again my analysis proves wrong.. Hehe, AR is really pretty stable right now, it works as-is, but they are testing a couple things out and have some wierd rp thing going on with a huge war- So it's not like it's still experimenting with skills like about 6 months ago.. AR summary needs updated I guess..
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,662 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]