[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Building/Program Question

Building/Program Question

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Moroj   (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 23 Aug 2017 09:27 PM (UTC)
So I'm trying to write a room program where after you look at a sign in the room a help file is loaded. Is that possible?

I've tried doing this without loading a help file but I run into formatting issues when just doing a simple exam program because I cant format the output on the MPECHO how I would like.

Basically I'm trying to create a basic ASCII graphic and have it be displayed after looking at the sign. So all alternative methods would be appreciated.

Any ideas?

-Moroj
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Fri 25 Aug 2017 07:57 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 25 Aug 2017 08:02 PM (UTC) by Moroj

On the Herne's building guide it states that room programs can have an "exa" trigger but that their are options "{p}". I haven't been able to determine what these options are.

Can someone provide me with some information on this?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Fri 25 Aug 2017 08:24 PM (UTC)
Okay so I was able to cross reference some different building information and it doesn't appear that you can actually program an "exa" trigger for a room program.

So if I was going to create a sign that displayed impormation would it be best to just create an object and then add the program to that? If so what object type best fits a sign?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Tue 29 Aug 2017 06:24 AM (UTC)
I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. Possibly looking at the source code would help.

There are quite a few versions of the source, you might want to use SmaugFUSS if you aren't already.

https://www.smaugmuds.org/

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,827 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]