[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Auto check Spelling?

Auto check Spelling?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Manwoodsal   (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 05 Sep 2016 05:02 PM (UTC)
Is there as way to get the program to auto check the spelling. To show it unlined or something in the chat block? Trying to see if it can do that then having to run the spell check manual.

Thanks for the help.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 05 Sep 2016 08:30 PM (UTC)
I think someone wrote a plugin a while ago that did that.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 06 Sep 2016 02:26 AM (UTC)
I have looked around but haven't found anything about it.. Have you seen where it might be at?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Tue 06 Sep 2016 10:20 PM (UTC)
I can't find it after extensive searching. Maybe it doesn't exist? Doing underlining in the input window isn't easy (or indeed possible) as it isn't a rich edit control. I found some posts about a spell-checker that opened up a dialog box if it found a spelling error.

You can turn on auto spellcheck for commands, if that helps. However that checks when you go to send something.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 06 Sep 2016 10:28 PM (UTC)
Under Global pref. General. I do have spell checker turned on there.

But still had to go under Commands and turn it on there also to get it to spell check on sending.

I can use that to get it checked.

But wish there was the other way for it to check it as you typing it in.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Wed 07 Sep 2016 04:03 AM (UTC)
You can do a "spell check now" (Ctrl+J) in case you type a word you aren't sure of.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 08 Sep 2016 07:24 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the help. Sure would love the mod that make it show up as you are typing it.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,502 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]